Self Harm UK 6 Hour Training – 16 Jun, 2016, Southampton
SelfharmUK is bringing its 6-hour in-depth training programme to Southampton in June enabling smaller organisations and individuals to get involved where the in-house training may not be feasible.
This training suits teachers, youth workers, those offering pastoral support in schools and anyone else who has professional involvement with young people.
The course includes the following:
There are 25 places available. Numbers are kept at this level to ensure all delegates have ample opportunity to feel involved in the variety of activities and discussions offered
The cost for the session is £80. All delegates receive a certificate upon completion of the course, training notes, signposting materials for young people and 10% discount off all SelfharmUK resources.
Training runs from 10am-4.30pm
- An overview of the latest research on the extent of self-harm among young people and the particular groups at highest risk
- An understanding of why young people self-harm and key steps to help young people reduce their harming
- How to respond to self-harm disclosure
- Alternative coping strategies for individuals who self-harm
- An understanding of physical, emotional and psychological indicators of self-harm
- The impact of online communities and social media
- Legal obligations and duties on those working with young people who self harm
- Where to refer young people locally to specialist support for self-harm and an introduction to the resources that are available
- An opportunity to develop self- harm policy in line with organisational requirements
Above Bar Church Lounge, 69 Above Bar Street, Southampton, SO14 7FE