Paradise in the City, Poland 19-25 July.
Here’s a great opportunity for Christians aged 18-35 to attend an international festival. There are bursaries available. Details below… download a leaflet here
THE COUNCIL FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY
Paradise in the City, Łódź, Poland 19-25 July – Bursaries available
Please find attached a brochure giving information about Paradise in the City: a festival led by the Chemin Neuf Community in Łódź, Poland from 19th to 25th July 2016 for Christians aged 18 to 35.
Further information is available from http://paradiseinthecity.com/en/
The Archbishop of Canterbury will be one of the speakers at the festival, and there is a short video of him commending it here Archbishop Justin commends Paradise in the City.
The Council for Christian Unity is offering 12 bursaries of £200 each for a delegation from the Church of England to attend Paradise in the City
. We are looking for people who can communicate to Christians from other churches what the Church of England is about and why it matters, who have a deep desire to work and pray for Christian unity and who will be able to draw on what they experience at Paradise in the City in their faith and ministry going forwards.
We see this as an important opportunity for people to immerse themselves in an experience of Christian formation through ecumenical encounter. With Churches Together in England, which is providing a similar number of bursaries, the Catholic Archdiocese of Westminster and the Chemin Neuf community in the Diocese of Chichester, we hope that a diverse group from England will be able to participate in this event together.
Please encourage people between 18 and 35 from your diocese to apply for these bursaries.
We hope that funding may also be available from their own parish/diocese/organisation in order to help them further.
To apply for a bursary,
- The total cost is £580 (with a £30 discount for registered students) including transport from England.
- The dates are 17thto 26th July including travel.
- There are up to 12 bursaries of £200 per head for those who will form part of the national Church of England delegation.
- The Council for Christian Unity will be hosting a follow up gathering for the Church of England delegation at Church House in the autumn, which we expect all the delegates to attend. Travelling expenses will be paid for this meeting.
- There will also be preparatory and de-briefing meetings run by Chemin Neuf details of which will soon be available.
applicants need to send a letter to the Council for Christian Unity, explaining why they would like to be part of the national Church of England delegation to Paradise in the City and how they see that contributing to Christian unity, with the name of one referee, preferably the Priest in Charge or equivalent of the church they currently attend. The Council for Christian Unity will select recipients on the basis of their letter of application and references.
We will be pleased to receive applications by 15th
May 2016 if possible. Please send applications to
- The Revd Dr Roger Paul
- Council for Christian Unity, Church House, Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3AZ.
- Tel: 020 7898 1479; Email: email@example.com